Planned Parenthood (CAMPAIGN CONCEPT)
Planned Parenthood is pro-healthcare.
Planned Parenthood is a place that offers you information, education and services to be healthy. It’s a place you go when you have a question, a concern, an issue. It’s a place you go for help. It’s a place that helps you make your decision on what to do with your body.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
- How do you bring this to life through contemporary culture/political climate?
- How do we make sure this idea initiates conversation and creates dialog?
- How do we avoid talking to ourselves and our own biases?
- How do we avoid creating a message that lives within its own echo chamber on social?
Conservatives have painted Planned Parenthood as the enemy.
Planned Parenthood has become the symbol for abortion when abortion makes up only 3% of their services. Our current political climate has turned a healthcare facility into a political debate.
Reframe how Planned Parenthood is talked about.
Planned Parenthood has always been about offering women the full spectrum of reproductive health care. This includes STD testing, vaccines, birth control, pregnancy testing and services, sex education, LGBT services, men’s sexual health and general health care.
Idea 1– Plan to be pro life
Neither side wants to have to consider abortion. Both sides want to be healthy.
In a time that is focusing on divide this campaign showcases an ideal that both sides ofthis argument can rally around - Life.
Wall Calendars – A planning tool
Gain attention by contrasting the Planned Parenthood pink with the push to be pro life.
Create an incentive to learn about services offered, make appointments and plan for the future.
When we say pro life we mean –
• Give people the education to make healthy decisions.
• Assist people to be mentally, sexually and physically healthy.
• Work hard to offer a range of services that assist with lowering the rate of women who are putin the gut wrenching position of considering abortion.